Monday, June 14, 2010

Wafflery Replacing Cinnabon In Lenox Square Food Court

A new concept is preparing to open in the former Cinnabon in the Food Court of Lenox Square. For all my lifelong Atlantans, I'm referring to the most recently shuttered Cinnabon near the Chick-Fil-A and not the previous location on the other end, the space that is currently "The Farmer's Basket." "The Wafflery" is scheduled to open in mid to late July and will serve traditional Belgian waffles as well as assorted crepes. While this is not a new concept, it's new to the Atlanta market. Having spent some time in Florida, I attended school dangerously close to Simon's Town Center at Boca Raton, home to "Waffy's." Waffy's served a similar menu of Belgian waffles and ironically had taken the place of a crepe eatery!

In doing further research on the Wafflery, I discovered a similar concept and website under the name, "The Gaufre Factory." While each of the businesses websites picture what appears to be an existing mall location, I can find no evidence that there was ever one of either concept open anywhere. Further investigation indicates that both businesses are owned by the same person, Thierry Tubajika. Perhaps management decided that it's more likely that a typical consumer will realize what the Wafflery serves than the Gaufre Factory, as even I had to look it up! The phone number listed, 770) 492-3377, caught my eye, as it's unusual for a 770 prefix to be found inside the perimeter, especially in Buckhead. Come to find out the number is associated with two separate addresses and a half dozen businesses, all seemingly operated by Tubajika.

5456 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Ste. 112, Atlanta, GA 30341
2362 Mountain Ind. Blvd. Ste. F, Tucker, GA, 30084

Aerial Networks
Wireless Technology Experts
Afri USA Trading LTD
Afri USA Business Solutions LLC
Swift Invoice
USAInkSupply LLC.

All of this seems, um, super sketch. I guess he answers the phone, thanks you for calling, and asks "May I help you with online invoices, networks, African trading, ink, waffles or crepes?" I'll reserve judgment on this place, but their waffles are gonna have to be really good to pry me away from my love for WaHo. ToNeTo Atlanta

Follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

utopia, downtown gone. was a club/lounge/southern bbq. now a cafe. Maybe they sold it.

Anonymous said...

"All of this seems, um, super sketch. I guess he answers the phone, thanks you for calling, and asks "May I help you with online invoices, networks, African trading, ink, waffles or crepes?"

HAHAHAHAHAH! Best line, EVER!

Anonymous said...

Sketchy indeed. He is actually a full time T-Mobile employee and runs all of these other companies from his desk while @'work'

Anonymous said...

its funny how people can make things up without any facts and just place them on the internet... I hope you guys did your research...

Anonymous said...

Research? My research was the pain and suffering of having to work with Thierry. Trust me - sketchy. He would serve up waffles made with cat pee if he thought it would increase his profits by a dime. Yes, there are no facts around my cat pee comment as that was pure sarcasm fabricated to prove my point. The rest is legit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...